The Sr DevOps Engineer is overall responsible for the large-scaleenvironment support of Nimbyx’s technology ecosystem. This person will live and breathecontinuous integration, continuous deployment, and continuous improvement that will allow us to rapidly iterate and scale. The SeniorDevOps Engineer is a key partner of our Tech leaders in making sure our systems are robust, reliable,and scalable for current needs and future growth. He/she will work with the leadership to scale up our application support, application launch and services availability to 99.99%.
He/she likes working with the latest technologies, constantly pushing the boundaries of what can be created, and thrives in fast development cycles. Being a senior team member, the Senior DevOps Engineeris expected to voice his/her opinion in every discussion.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
- Manages applications using automated Build, Release, Deployment,and monitoring alerting.
- Design tools and smart alerts to proactively anticipate failures/issues and work with the team to identify root cause and fix issues.
- Directly responsible for reliability of hosted infrastructure, including ensuring scalability for future growth and recommending cost effective methods of expansion and growth.
- Continually improves, automates,and documents our deployment process
- Working with Solutions Architect and developers on database performance tuning
- Able to have flexible work schedule and at times work outside of your normal business hours to accommodate effective communications with stakeholders in the global organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines
- 6+ working experience in writing build and deployment automation
- 6+ years working experience in systems and database administration, networking,and security
- Deep understanding of cloud-basedarchitectures is preferred
- Experience managing source in git (GitHub ops, branching, merging, etc.) is preferred
- Strong coding capability in one or more languages.
- Experience with cloud services including Azure or AWS preferred
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.